Monday, August 6, 2012

"10 Things You Don't Know About" Mission Statement

This is my first post in "10 Things You Don't Know About." I am starting this blog because I really enjoyed the CONCEPT of the History Channel show by the same name..."10 Things You Don't About." I enjoyed much, but not everything, about that show and this blog is an attempt to hopefully convince the History Channel to do more episodes of "10 Things You Don't Know About" because I haven't seen any information about any more shows they have planned in addition to the episodes they produced several months ago.

One suggestion is to ditch interviewing people on the street to ask if they knew about this or that as well as to give the percentage of people who didn't know about a certain fact. To me that was just a waste of time and cut into the meat of the show. Also some of the episodes tried to play to sensationalism and were inaccurate such as how Abraham Lincoln enjoyed going to taverns and drinking. Yes, Lincoln did sell liquor but was himself  (unusual for his time) a teetotaler.

I will soon begin posting my own version of "10 Things You Don't Know About" on events and people from history that I hope you will find informative and interesting. And, of course, I will concentrate on researching things that most of you don't know about.

Stay tuned...And History Channel---I sure hope you resurrect "10 Things You Don't Know About." And if everybody notices something inaccurate in what I post in "10 Things You Don't Know About," please feel free to correct me. Hey, even your humble correspondent can be fallible.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the show very much also and feel they could do away with the interviews and stats as well. Seems like he could have told more information on the pieces instead of the interviews and stats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Olivia Megan from United State,I'm happy that my husband is back into my life after 2 years of divorce, Dr.AKHERE brought my husband back today and i am so excited. I got DR AKHERE email online when a lady was testifying about the strong spell caster who restored her marriage then I said to myself since he helped her, he can also help me,so i emailed him and told him the pain that I was going through,and he told me what to do and i did it,Then he did an urgent Love spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came back home and with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me. Then from that day,our marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to DR AKHERE. Our family is complete again. If you are going through Divorce/Broke-up since DR AKHERE helped me, he can also help you..email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ,Thank you DR AKHERE for saving my broken Marriage and brought my husband back to me.
    Email him: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete